To submit a "For Sale" ad or Job Posting, please email: Member Services
National Safety Apparel needs a
General Description: Responsible for all activities required to establish a liaison between Technical Design and production related to sample process, first time orders, time studies, BOM allocation, training. Reports to Manufacturing Manager.
Education: High School Diploma or GED required. Bachelor Degree in Apparel preferred but not required.
Training: Provided on the job and supplemented with external seminars and/or classes.
Skills: See “Key Competencies” section below.
Experience: Three years of work in a manufacturing facility (similar in size and scope to NSA) preferred.
Samples and New Products:
1. Lead the sample process taking over all SQRs and new product requests issued by Technical Design. Follow all steps making sure BOMs, Routings, BYTE Setup and work instructions are correct, pre-production including markers, material utilization and labeling, cutting and sewing are accurate.
2. Map the technological process for manufacturing items running the progressive bundle system including equipment, hurdles, constraints, etc.
3. Calculate the correct sewing and cutting times to be used for pricing purposes in minimum quantity and mass production.
4. Ensure that the quality of the sample meets all NSA standards.
5. Make all corrections necessary for samples to be ready for future orders without any issues.
First time orders:
1. Make sure all production related documents are accurate before sending to production
2. Follow first order through manufacturing process.
3. Coordinate a time study to make sure that the time is accurate.
4. Confirm actual production follows process outlined during sample or new product integration.
5. Involve supervisors and QA in this process to ensure that these products are assigned to the right employees and the quality meets NSA standards.
1. Continue to monitor all NSA product that standard times are not met by conducting time studies.
2. Coordinate any pattern change requests with Technical Design relaying changes back to production once finalized
3. Expediting critical orders
Approaching problems in a way that turns them into opportunities
Maintaining a positive outlook on a consistent basis
Persisting, refusing to give up
Recognizing and seizing opportunities
Going above and beyond
Setting challenging goals and measuring results
Finding betters ways to do things (OFI process)
Thinking logically, analyzing situations systematically
Presenting self in confident manner
Stating position clearly, respectfully, and confidently in conflicts
Taking responsibility for and learning from mistakes
Teamwork and Collaboration
Soliciting input from and involving others
Working collaboratively with supervisor, peers and others across the entire organization
Proficiency in Cantonese, Mandarin, and\or Spanish a plus but not required
Send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org (With the subject line "Sample Coordinator")
Wedding Alterations Fitter
Ette: The Wedding Tailor
Modern, Fresh, and Fun... A New Approach to Tailoring!
Ette Tailor is a Black and LGBTQ+-owned company. Diverse candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
Ette is hiring a fit specialist to join their growing team. Ette provides couture wedding gown alterations, bespoke custom services, as well as accessories—all perfectly tailored to fit our bride’s body and style. Our knowledgeable and highly skilled fitters and tailors in a modern, vibrant, easy environment make the alterations process simple and enjoyable. We listen to how brides dream of looking on this special day, and execute their vision. Every bride is unique and deserves to be treated to a personal tailoring experience—luxurious but never fussy.
-expertly pin bridal gowns to determine alterations needed
-explain to clients recommended work and pricing based on Ette’s guidelines
-fill out paperwork to communicate to seamstresses and shop manager work to be completed
-schedule fittings with brides
-steam gowns prior to fittings
-maintain cleanliness and orderliness in dressing rooms
-aid brides in styling gowns with available merchandise
-maintain warm and friendly attitude and manage clients expectations and experience
- willingness to learn new fitting protocols and share your experiences with the Ette team
-Maintain clean environment in store
-Must have experience fitting a variety of fine and delicate fabrics
-Must have basic sewing knowledge and experience
- Willingness and ability to meet with clients and advise them on alterations required, as well as best options for ensuring style and fit
-Flexibility to work retail schedule, including evenings and weekends
-Fluency in English
-Basic computer skills
-Knowledge of fashion and/or wedding industries
-Be a team player willing to adjust to new situations while maintaining a positive attitude
-Paid vacation days that accumulate with time worked, as well as many paid holidays
-Option to buy into company health insurance and dental insurance.
-Free vision insurance
-Competitive salary and guaranteed tips.
-Paid physical therapy
-Paid in-person mental health therapy
-Genuinely pleasant work environment with small family-like team
-Opportunities for growth within the company
-Compensation for skill-set development courses
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $17.00 per hour + tips
All clients and staff are required to wear masks at all times. The store and back workrooms are cleaned every evening.
Interested? Please submit a resume and brief blurb about yourself to email@example.com
Chicago-based modeling and talent agency, 10 MGMT / 10 Talent Agency, is seeking a dynamic, creative, and hardworking new assistant who is ready to dive into this demanding and exciting industry. This role is perfect for someone who is looking to break into the TV/film, fashion, commercial, and influencer industry and be hands-on in all aspects of talent management. We are looking for an extremely detailed, self-starter, who can thrive in a fast-paced working environment. A genuine interest in fashion or tv/film is preferred!
-Can multitask and prioritize tasks
-Have meticulous attention to detail
-Possess strong interpersonal skills for client-facing and talent-facing interactions
-Has a strong interest in social media and fashion marketing
-Has strong written and verbal communication skills
-Is a team player ready to aid and assist agents
-Can work independently and manage own schedule and tasks
-Have a basic-to-intermediate level of knowledge about models, photographers, and other fashion industry creatives
-Has basic-to-intermediate level experience with graphic design
-Preferably is familiar with Breakdown Express, Casting Networks, Syngency, if not – must be a quick learner
-Handling scheduling / contracts and ensuring all paperwork is compliant
-On-boarding new talent
-Working with agents, schedule and handle test shoots, meeting and coordinating with photographers and external partners
-Build portfolios, books, and comp cards
-Build media kits for influencers
-Manage talent profiles on Syngency, 10mgmt.com, Casting Networks, and Actors Access
-Assist agents in various tasks such as general communication, contract management, scheduling of appointments, etc.
-All administrative duties and maintain office management
-Assist with accounting department needs as arise
-Maintain company social media platforms
-Serve as executive assistant to CEO in daily tasks
Prefer someone located in Chicago, willing to work in an office and start immediately. Must be able to meet in-person in a safe working environment along with a hybrid work from home - in office schedule. Must be fully vaccinated.
Salary: $25-30K year + 1 week vacation + 3 sick days to start. Salary commensurate with experience.
10 MGMT is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to building a community of excellence, equity and diversity.
For more information visit 10mgmt.com or email resume & cover letter to David Sanchez: David@10mgmt.com 312-618-7474.
The Dr. Martin L. King Boys & Girls Club is looking for a Volunteer/s to teach youth ages 8 to 13 basic sewing.
The goal: Under the direction of 1-2 caring instructors, students practice hands-on foundational skills to make garments, crafts, gifts, and home decorating items. Students learn at their own pace and progressively gain confidence as their skill level grows with each project. Classes are taught in a creative and encouraging environment with small class sizes to ensure individual attention.
* Location- 2950 W. Washington Blvd., Chicago IL, 60612
* End of January through April OR April through June
* Once weekly, for 6-8 weeks (flexible)
* 1-2 small groups/45min - 1hr sessions
For more information, CONTACT:
ANITA DOUGLAS, Club Director